Every Friday afternoon I cater a healthy lunch for my husband’s company. It’s great because for many team members it’s an opportunity to try some new types of foods and ingredients. It’s also great for me because I usually get pretty honest feedback about the recipes I try out on them, this one included!
In fact, I think that quite a few people’s minds were actually blown when I told them that the ice cream we had for dessert, was not actually ice cream, but was simply made from from frozen bananas + nut butter + chocolate chips. That is all.
If you haven’t heard of banana ice cream (‘nice cream’) you may also feel the same way!
Here’s the recipe:
(makes ~ 2 servings)
- 2 Frozen Bananas, peeled and chopped into chunks (freeze for at least 4-5 hours)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter (this can be replaced with any nut butter)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate Chips or Raw Cacao Nibs
- Splash of almond milk or water if necessary
- Place the chopped bananas in to the food processor along with the nut butter and pulse/process until a creamy consistency similar to soft serve.
- Add the sea salt and chocolate chips or cacao nibs and pulse one more time.
- Let the nice cream set in the freezer for ~ 20-30 minutes. If making in advance allow the nice cream to sit out for a few minutes to soften before serving. Enjoy!