This hummus isn’t just pretty, it makes you pretty!
Beets are a very beautifying food for a number of reasons. A member of the same family of veggies as spinach and chard, they pack a very high concentration of vitamins and minerals and are very helpful for helping the body to detoxify naturally.
- High in folate (especially important for mamas-to-be)
- High in the antioxidant vitamins A + C (mega important for glowing skin)
- High in fibre (important for healthy digestion)
- And, they help to thin the bile which is important for detoxification!
- 1 large beet, roasted
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 (15oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (I use Eden Organics)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh or dried thyme for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375′
- Wash and peel the beets then quarter them and place on a baking tray
- Peel the garlic clove and place on baking tray
- Drizzle beets and garlic with olive or coconut oil and bake for 45-60 minutes until beets can be easily be pierced with a knife
- Remove the beets and let cool
- Add the beets to a food processor and blend well
- Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, sea salt and chickpeas and blend again
- Add the olive oil and blend again