While I am out west on vacation I seem to find the time to make muffins a priority (see my latest post for Gluten Free Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins)! Considering that I love to bake in the mornings I am feeling pretty lucky!
Another simple, one-bowl recipe with lots of healthy goodness included in them. All real food, sans gluten.
These muffins are also surprisingly filling because the base of them is made of almond flour or meal (ground almonds). They also came out very moist and sweet (you can add a little less maple syrup if you prefer).
I paired with a Tbsp of full fat organic yogurt, a Tbsp of hemp hearts and some extra berries to add some extra nutrients to last me for my morning which I plan to spend paddle boarding! (my new obsession).
Hope you enjoy them — and don’t forget that you can easily swap the blueberries for whatever berry you just may have on hand 😉
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350′ and line muffin tray with muffin cups or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl except blueberries and stir well.
- Add blueberries after mixing and stir.
- Add to muffin cups with a spoon or ladle and bake for 22-27 minutes (depending on your oven).
(Note: this recipe makes ~ 12 small muffins or 8 medium muffins)