If you’re looking for a salad that’ll fill your tummy for time, this is it. With plenty of crunch, and lots of heart, you’ll be comfortably full and plenty satisfied thanks it’s sweet n’ salty flavours.
Given that it serves 6 and there’s only two of us, I figured this would last as a fridge staple for at least a few days. I was wrong.
I also love this salad because it contains one of my favourite foods, broccoli. As a nutrition powerhouse food (thanks to the powerful compound Indole-3-carbinol), broccoli helps the liver to do it’s ever so important job of helping the body to detox. And hen the body is detoxing efficiently you can expect glowing skin and more importantly, healthy hormones (a post for another day!).
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisons
- 2-3 slices bacon (preservative, antibiotic and hormone free)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or organic Veganiase
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
(Makes ~ 6 servings)
- Wash and chop the broccoli, celery, green onion and carrots in to bite sized pieces and add to large bowl (you can add the carrots to the food processor to save time)
- Add the seeds and cranberries to the bowl and mix
- Preheat the oven to 375′ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bacon. Bake for 15-20 minute until golden and crispy. Remove and pat with paper towels before chopping in to small bits.
- Mix the mayonnaise/Veganiase, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Mix dressing to chopped veggies and sprinkle with chopped bacon.