When it’s 3pm and you’ll literally do anything for something sweet — these bites have got your back.
Filled with wholesome ingredients and a combination of carbs, protein and healthy fats, these are a great afternoon snack option. The best part is that they only take 10 minutes to make. My suggestion is make 2-3 batches at a time and freeze them so you’ll always have them on hand! (FYI, if you keep them hanging around the fridge you’re likely to eat most of them at once…like I just did, oops!)
- 2 medium carrots
- 6 Tbsp hemp hearts (I used Manitoba Harvest)
- 8 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional – I used Genuine Health Vegan Fermented Vanilla proteins+)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes + 2-3 Tbsp for rolling
- 1 cup puffed rice or kamut cereal
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Add the carrots to a food processor for 30 seconds. Add all remaining ingredients except for the puffed cereal and process. Stir in the cereal and roll in to balls. Spread the remaining coconut out on a plate and roll the balls in it to cover them. Refrigerate or freeze until eating.