In my newsletter last week I made a pretty big announcement – I’m 19 weeks pregnant! I’m beyond excited to become a mama in October and I plan to share a lot about my experience on this little space of the interwebs that I call my own.
For now, I’m glad to report that my experience of growing a human (still seems so weird to me!) has been going extremely well – I’m feeling energetic and filled with excitement. That said, I am one hungry lady!
Enter the need for snacks.
Great for breakfast, a snack or dessert, these little bites are tasty and filled with nutritious ingredients to help you to power through the day. They’re also great for any new mamas-to-be who are experiencing some nausea, as one of the major contributors to nausea is a dip in blood sugar levels. Having these on hand (in your desk, purse or car) can be a life saver!
The last reason that I love them is that they literally take 10 minutes to make!
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes (replace with rolled oats if desired)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (replace with cranberries or raisons if desired)
Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup chunky almond butter (replace with peanut butter or other nut butter if desired)
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Mix coconut, quinoa flakes, flaxseed and chocolate chips together in a bowl.
2. Mix nut butter and maple syrup together in a separate bowl.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together with a spoon first then use your hands to knead the dough to help bring everything together.
4. Form the dough in to balls (whatever size you’d like) and refrigerate for a few hours (you can eat them immediately if desired!)
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
P.S If you’d like more recipes delivered directly to your inbox I send out a weekly newsletter every Sunday! Sign up here (You’ll also receive a FREE guide to eating for healthy skin when you subscribe!)