This post is short and sweet. Technically I am on vacation soaking up the sun in a beautiful place called The Shuswap in British Columbia and I’m doing my best to stay as disconnected as possible…
BUT. I made these gluten free strawberry oatmeal muffins this morning and they were too good not to share!
Now, I know that I say this a lot, but these muffins are truly sooo simple. All you need to do is add the ingredients to a blender or food processor, blend, pour in to a muffin tray and bake for ~ 25 minutes before they are ready to devour.
They are also gluten free and can easily be adapted to be dairy free too. Swapping the strawberries with blueberries, raspberries or even apples is totally a possibility as well.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt (full fat Greek yogurt works best but coconut yogurt would also work)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (any berry will work)
- Preheat the oven to 385′ and line a muffin tray with muffin cups or grease the muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Wash and slice strawberries and set aside (do not blend).
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a separate bowl and add to blender.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor.
- Blend all ingredients together until everything is mixed well.
- Stir in the berries after mixing and pour in to muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy with a dollop of nut butter or Greek yogurt!
(Note, this makes ~ 12 medium sized muffins)